Dog Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My chihuahua X pug puppy is just turned 6 months and she has all of a sudden started shedding like mad.

I know pugs are notorious shredders but she is very much more chihuahua and her mother was a long haired chihuahua. Up until now there has been a few hairs coming out now And again however in the past week I am covered in hairs even after I brush her I am still covered in hairs.

If this normal as she is getting older or should I take her to the vet? There has been no change in diet or anything.

Any help appreciated

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
If she has no other symptoms besides the shedding then I'd not worry about it. She may be losing her puppy coat, or she may be going through a shedding cycle.

My boy is a Chi x Dach and he'll go through periods where he sheds like crazy, then he'll just as suddenly stop. A couple weeks ago I could pet him and get lots of hair off, but now I barely get any, come spring he'll likely shed a bunch again.

If she has a short coat you could try a Kong ZoomGroom, it's the only thing I've found that works on my boy to get enough loose hair off to make a difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll try that as she hates the brush !! She is scratching but no more than usual. She is a frequent scratcher especially behind her ears and shaker but she's been the same since she was tiny. She's going in to get spayed in a couple of weeks I'll make get the vet to have a look at her then just to make sure. Definitely no fleas her coat is light so I'd see them!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts