Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I found this dog shampoo brand called Velvet Alabaster. Apparently, it originates from Australia. Their products include soap-free shampoos and pet perfumes that come in three types. I particularly like the Pink Velvet one, from what I've read from the descriptions. However, I'm not sure if it is actually safe for dogs since it isn't as popular in my country. Have anyone tried it on your pets before? How was it?

I'd also like to ask if pet perfumes are actually safe.
I plan on choosing between this one and the Earthbath Oatmeal and Aloe shampoo. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Personally, I would not spend a lot of money on something that I cannot verify is going to be good for my dogs, and that shampoo is very expensive. Looks rather like a lot of hype to me. If you are wanting to get a soap-free shampoo, there are shampoos made for human use that would fit that description and cost less, and would work fine on a dog.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Plain ole cheap oatmeal shampoo for mine..that is on the rare occasions that they get a formal bath.
The young Golden loves the water and I will soap her up sometimes in her pool. None of them are fond of fufu smelling concoctions.

·
Registered
Franklin
46 Posts
What smells good to us will often be offensive to dogs. And vice-versa. Most dogs I've had would chose the Rotten Carp Scent, or possibly Skunk Poop - given a choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts