Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recommend a good dog shampoo for sensitive skin doesn't have to have much of a scent, just has to be gentle on the skin.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Do you get washbar shampoo or shampoo bar there? i use it on my Jessie and its so gentle on her sensitive skin!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you get washbar shampoo or shampoo bar there? i use it on my Jessie and its so gentle on her sensitive skin!
Not really and where I did find it, it's a bit pricier than the one I was already using and I was hoping to go cheaper. Thanks though it does sound really good, maybe I'll try it in the future.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use Johnsons Baby Shampoo as recommended by my vet :)
Thanks for the suggestion, but I have used Johnsons baby shampoo in the past, it's too harsh for Asha and gives her dandruff.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Ah! Then not for you. Betsy doesn't have skin problems, but I have to shampoo her often as she likes to roll in poop!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Are you just seeing flakes? What type of shampoos have you used? And are you using any kind of conditioner?
Asha doesn't have dandruff any more, she was a bit malnourished when she came to us, so her skin condition was food related but the baby shampoo just made it worse and I've realised very chemically washes make her a bit itchy.

I am currently using a shampoo mixed with Fuzzyard Naturals Oatmeal and Aloe conditioner. This works but I'm seeking different brands to try, as this gets a bit pricey for a small bottle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can get Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe on Chewy for a good price, it's my favorite dog shampoo for dry skin. It's really awesome stuff, I highly recommend.

·
Registered
47 Posts
its very natural too, and sooo gentle on my furbaby's skin. Like someone said though, make sure you also use conditioner! :3

·
Registered
47 Posts
Or if you want something a little less expensive, Avoderm Natural Oatmeal Formula is great too apparently, it's supposed to be gentle and soothing as well.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts