Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2 yr old male neutered doberman and 2 years ago adopted a neutered male pyrenees mountain dog. There is no dominant dog, it seems they take turns being dominant, depending on the situation.

They obviously love each other and get along fabulously together. They play each day and have the equivalent of sumo wrestling matches, several times until worn out. Often during the play, the pyrenees mounts the doberman and attempts anal sex. Sometimes the doberman stands still, sometimes wrestles his way out. Is there danger of injury to the doberman if this act is completed? Is it possible they are gay? I am comfortable with everything, just don't want the dobie to be hurt. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
Oh dont be silly, you dont smack them over that. Its a dominance thing. They are looking for leadership which is normal behaviour in a dog. It has nothing to do with being gay as much as ppl think it is.
The only thing you need to watch out for it they dont end up in a brawl looking for that leadership.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2 yr old male neutered doberman and 2 years ago adopted a neutered male pyrenees mountain dog. There is no dominant dog, it seems they take turns being dominant, depending on the situation.

They obviously love each other and get along fabulously together. They play each day and have the equivalent of sumo wrestling matches, several times until worn out. Often during the play, the pyrenees mounts the doberman and attempts anal sex. Sometimes the doberman stands still, sometimes wrestles his way out. Is there danger of injury to the doberman if this act is completed? Is it possible they are gay? I am comfortable with everything, just don't want the dobie to be hurt. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

as Siv, said...it's a dominance thing. It's something that dogs do. No there should be no danger of injury and no dogs can't be gay.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh dont be silly, you dont smack them over that. Its a dominance thing. They are looking for leadership which is normal behaviour in a dog. It has nothing to do with being gay as much as ppl think it is.
The only thing you need to watch out for it they dont end up in a brawl looking for that leadership.
oh well thats just what i do sometimes... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dogs dont really realize what they're doing. It is just something they just do as every one said, a dominance thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts