Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my I’ve had my dog for about 2 years now and everything’s been fine until recently. A couple months ago she started getting scared when it’s time to eat dinner. When I call her name to eat and I set the food down, she’ll run away! She’ll hide like if she was in trouble and I have no idea why. On these days the only way she’ll eat is if I sit there with her and hand feed it to her. Then whenever she doesn’t run away and make me feed her, she’ll only eat half of it.

·
Super Moderator
1,649 Posts
Have you checked to see if she has any mouth pain?

Or, could you try changing her bowl or it's position? It isn't uncommon for dogs to take a dislike to their bowl - if it is deep or in a corner, they sometimes can't see around them; or if they wear a tag, the sound of that touching the bowl can put them off. It's a nice easy fix to try a different bowl or plate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked to see if she has any mouth pain?

Or, could you try changing her bowl or it's position? It isn't uncommon for dogs to take a dislike to their bowl - if it is deep or in a corner, they sometimes can't see around them; or if they wear a tag, the sound of that touching the bowl can put them off. It's a nice easy fix to try a different bowl or plate.
I already had her checked out, vet said she was fine. Might try the new bowl thing because I know the food isn’t the problem. I don’t force feed her I just set it in my hand and she eats it on her own. Just weird how it’s never been a problem until recently 🤷🏼‍♀️ Thank you

·
Registered
492 Posts
As joannef suggested its sounds like its something to do with bowl or spit its in. Sounds like something scared her at that spot. Dogs can be so weird sometimes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts