Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I was wondering if anyone had any articles that I could share via Facebook about dog safety. I love all my friends and their kids but I'm stunned by how many don't know how to read dog body language or that don't teach their kids to be respectful :confused: many of them have dogs too! If you have any good informative articles or short picture style things I can share please let me know. Also I have tried to explain they just think I'm way too dog crazy because "they are just a dog" :mad: I have kids and I don't think its even crossed their minds to act as some kids do around pets.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I think the problem is that lots of kids these days grow up in hyper protected bubbles and also that there are less strays (a good thing to be suer).

I learned a lot about dog body language from growing up with dogs of course but I learned just as much by running through the woods and riding my bike along backroads and coming across strays, escaped pets and even wild animals. When you're a ways from home and your parents and see a strange dog standing in your path staring you down, you don't assume it wants to play with you. You have an instinctual animal reaction. Fear.

I don't think reading body language is all that difficult, I think its mostly that some people don't bother to even try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.