Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have had our shelter dog for 3 months. He always had problems with strangers, but now all of a sudden he's having other issues. He's around 15 pounds.
He no longer wants to be in his crate at night and will cry and not lay down unless I put his thundershirt on and throw in an old t-shirt. He had this problem the 2nd/3rd week we had him, but seemed to get over it. Now he's back at it.
He's also gotten extremely stubbern. He will not even get up off the couch to go to his crate like he used too. He just looks at us and wants his belly rubbed. He will also refuse to go for a walk in the rain. We have to CARRY him to the grass.
He no longer likes any dog food, even though we NEVER feed him people food, other than when we first got him and we were told to feed him chicken and rice because his stomach was a little upset. Then he fell in love with the dog food we were eating up until a week ago. He acts like he is afraid of something. Sometimes if we mix it with something, he only eats the bits of whatever else (rice or a few treats to get him to eat his food) and will drop the dog food around the bowl. One time a pebble of dog food got in his water and he wouldn't go near his food. I'm not sure if it's from that one incident though. He doesn't seem to be drinking as much water either.
When this started happening he now throws up yellow and white stuff. The light dog food we fed him that he liked also made him throw this stuff up. Which is why we had to change his dog food a few times.
He has teeth that need to be removed. I don't know if it's gotten to the point that he doesn't want to eat. His breath smells badly, as does his fur where he licks himself. We were told to wait until around now to get him checked out with his teeth, which we are going to do. However, he does not like people so I don't even know if they will help him.
How can we get him to eat something? He doesn't like wet food either.

Oh by the way, he will eat his treats for the most part.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
My guess, and its just a guess is, he just doesn't feel well. That bad breath could be a symptom of bigger health problems. He really needs to be seen, and probably treated by a Vet. Its hard to be loving, when you feel really crappy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.