Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching online and haven't found anyone with this problem. My dog has times where he stays in one area of the room or outside and seems to almost be in an imaginary fence. That's the only way to describe it. He whines, turns around a few times, but can't seem to step out of his area. We have to physically pick him up. We have tried using treats to get him to move, but nothing will work. Has anyone else had this problem? He's a six-year old bichon/poodle.

He will actually move around fine and will run and walk once we pick him up and move him out of his "imaginary" fence. We do have a vet appt scheduled for Friday.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Is the dog getting up from sleep when this happens? Dogs do that when they sleep for a while. They need to get up and turn to get the circulation going.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is it a substrate texture issue? Sometimes dogs are very sensitive to changes in flooring, like crossing a threshold from concrete to tile is a BIG DEAL.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Is he old? Loss of vision could cause that, as could dementia. I'm glad you gave a vet visit scheduled. It could be something silly, too, so don't worry too much.

·
Registered
151 Posts
How old is your dog? Lacey (my senior lab) occasionally does that and she has doggy dementia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts