Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had this dog for about 6 months nows and he is nearly house trained but just one wee prob with him still , when he goes outside for his toilet buisness he squats like a bitch and pisses all over his front paws , any one got any tips on getting him to piss like a proper dog

Cheers JSP

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I don't think you can train your dog to pee in a certain way LOL If he is still a pup he will grow out of it. Our dog didn't start lifting his leg till he was about 8 months old. They just learn and figure out better ways as they grow

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
i agree with pawz, my dog is just over a year and though he lifts his leg to mark, he still squats when he actually has to pee about 50% of the time. it could also be his breed...some of the low to the ground breeds (dachsunds, bassets, etc) don't always lift there legs.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Ha! Tippy still pees on herself (she can't help it)

I agree with everyone..if the dog is young, it will likely grow out of it but not much you can do about it otherwise:)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Most male dogs will eventually start hiking their legs at least part of the time as they mature, but some never will. It's kind of based on what they're comfortable with.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Yeh I wouldn't worry-Whatever is normal is healthy (ie. if he never did that then started getting peepee on him, that means he may be sick. But stance for peeing, no biggie ;)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Might take him into the groomer and have them do a sanitary cut on him. One of mine lifts his leg so he can squirt all the way to the top of the tree! LOL And the other one (he's almost 7) usually just squats. A sanitary trim has saved us both a lot of misery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replys guys, so basically he could be peeing on his paws for a while then , hmmmmmmmmm do you know if vets perform some kind of penis movement , so he will pee strait down instead of on his front paws ??

·
Registered
94 Posts
As your pup grows the actually direction of his pee might change because he'll be getting taller so maybe he won't actually be peeing on his paws. Just give it time and see what happens, until then just make sure to wipe his paws good before letting him back into the house.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
LOL :p My friend's dog always pees like a girl-he's concerned about his orientation too :p

(Not really, but kind of a joke)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well its been a while now and he seems to be pissing like a dog nows , just one thing that is bugging me is he poo's all over the garden , is there any tips on making him poo in the corner of the garden everytime ? cheers

J.S.P

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
You won't like it but-pick up all his poops and put them where you want him to poop. When he goes out to toilet, take him to the area you want him to poop (where you've moved the poops to) and praise for going there instead ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
damn , that would take ages , i dont mind moving the poop but there mujst be a way i can get him to go into the corner rather than waiting out side with him , maybe a bb gun would work , that would send him to the corner alright , but i dont want to harm him , ahhh actualy some kind of water pistol would be better :rockon:

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
but i dont want to harm him , ahhh actualy some kind of water pistol would be better :rockon:
That's a really bad idea all around.

If you don't have the time to spend to train the dog-why get one? You shouldn't have so much poop outside that it would take you long to move it.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Are you trying to be funny!?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.