Dog Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Experts

Please explain is it normal for a 10 days pregnant dog to have a clear water-like vaginal discharge? My dog who has been mated 10 days before, has it now.
She is normal herself, eating happily and the discharge is odorless. Slight water sort of thick discharge can be seen on the open of her vagina!

Please tell me what to do. I am restless!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
The thing to do is to consult your veterinarian.
If your dog is pregnant she will need pre-natal care just as a pregnant human woman does, so you should get her seen by a vet and set up regular visits at the vet's suggestion. the vet can also tell you what to look out for and how to know when something is going wrong that requires medical attention. Please do this right away.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Any sort of discharge I would check with the Vet. My female had one litter of pups and the next time I bred her she started to have a little discharge. I took her into the Vet and not only was she not pregnant but she had pyrometra (spelling?) and had to have an immediate spay. Certainly did not expect that in a healthy young female that had only had one litter.

·
Super Moderator
7,197 Posts
Is this the same dog that has had hind leg issues and whose puppies carried a genetic condition that resulted in the females all dying at the age of around 7 months? Is that why you asked for your other posts to be deleted?

Is it the same dog you tried to breed in July 2021? What happened to that pregnancy/litter?

If this is the same dog, yes take her to a vet, but for heavens sake get them to spay her. You should not be breeding from her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.