Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldnt find any posts about dog prams so i thought id write one.
Owners dont use them for fun, they use them to help there dog like a person would use a wheelchair.
Alot of dogs can still walk, run, jump, climb and swim and still use a pram on the same walk.
A dog does not have to be old to need a pram.
It is not cruel to use a pram.

20190208_112203.jpg
20191213_171619.jpg
20200504_153125.jpg

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi is that a real pram or one of those trailers that go behind the bikes ? we see a lot of those here. when my border collie had a back injury we seriously considered a wheelchair or possibly a pram but luckily he made a good recovery. I think with an elderly dog or with a dog who has an injury or is post-operative they are a great idea.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a real pram but based off the trailers. Its the (ibiyaya hercules). It takes up to 50kg. Most people around me are used to us but at least once everyday someone politely asks is your dog realy old can it not walk anymore. One of my neighbours thinks its cruel. You get used to the snarky comments "your too lazy to walk your dog" ect. Id like to see them pushing 30kg up a hill😅.
I took the last photo 2day.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Ok, OH and I were just talking about this the other day and said when we move we would like to get an electric bike each and then we could each have a dog trailer so that we could go out with the dogs to nature areas without having to rely on the car.

I wouldnt take any notice of the snarky comments.. Ignorent people with too much time on their hands. When my friend's malinois got really old his hip kept slipping out so she got him a wheelchair to help him walk without pain. so many people told her she should have him put down she got a Tshirt printed ..It said .....and would you suggest having granny put down too? (shes very sarcastic!)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, OH and I were just talking about this the other day and said when we move we would like to get an electric bike each and then we could each have a dog trailer so that we could go out with the dogs to nature areas without having to rely on the car.

I wouldnt take any notice of the snarky comments.. Ignorent people with too much time on their hands. When my friend's malinois got really old his hip kept slipping out so she got him a wheelchair to help him walk without pain. so many people told her she should have him put down she got a Tshirt printed ..It said .....and would you suggest having granny put down too? (shes very sarcastic!)
Hehehe i love that comment good on her👍. It upset me alot in the beginning but I dont pay any attention whatsoever now to the comments.
Thats a realy cool idea what your gonna do. Youve got realy lucky dogs

·
Super Moderator
3,731 Posts
@LoveMyFosters now has a stroller to take the puppies she fosters out and about for safe socialization before they've had their vaccinations. A neighbor of mine used a baby stroller for an elderly chihuahua with an enlarged heart. I've also seen an enclosed pet stroller used for a cat. It's all good!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@LoveMyFosters now has a stroller to take the puppies she fosters out and about for safe socialization before they've had their vaccinations. A neighbor of mine used a baby stroller for an elderly chihuahua with an enlarged heart. I've also seen an enclosed pet stroller used for a cat. It's all good!
Awww thats so cool. I havnt read any of lovemyfosters posts yet.
Ive seen a cat in an enclosed stroller which is great within reason. I wrote in one of the dog park rules posts about jesses experience with a cat in a pram.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Once she had walking issues, I had a stroller for my Beagle/Shepherd mix while I lived in a major East Coast city downtown for two years. Pneumatic tires, hand caliper-brake, rear wheels would steer. Made life for me and for her SO much better going to the dog park 8 blocks away. She could enjoy herself there instead of being worn out. Also let us go shopping together which was extra time together we wouldn't have otherwise spent.

Also, nobody ever gave me any guff for pushing a dog in a stroller... My wife says I need to smile more often ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Once she had walking issues, I had a stroller for my Beagle/Shepherd mix while I lived in a major East Coast city downtown for two years. Pneumatic tires, hand caliper-brake, rear wheels would steer. Made life for me and for her SO much better going to the dog park 8 blocks away. She could enjoy herself there instead of being worn out. Also let us go shopping together which was extra time together we wouldn't have otherwise spent.

Also, nobody ever gave me any guff for pushing a dog in a stroller... My wife says I need to smile more often ;)
Thats so cool, i love hearing more sories. When my dog ruptured his first knee because i didnt have money to pay for surgery the vet recommended putting him down claiming surgery had to be done in the first week or not at all. When he ruptured the second knee is when i got the pram. I wish i got it yrs earlier. My dog now has a great quality of life thanks to this pram and he pushes himself further cause he knows he can jump in and out whenever he needs to. Hes not tied in it, and i dont help him in. He can jump in and out of it himself. I call it (Bumbles) cause its a bumble bee colour

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thats so cool, i love hearing more sories. When my dog ruptured his first knee because i didnt have money to pay for surgery the vet recommended putting him down claiming surgery had to be done in the first week or not at all. When he ruptured the second knee is when i got the pram. I wish i got it yrs earlier. My dog now has a great quality of life thanks to this pram and he pushes himself further cause he knows he can jump in and out whenever he needs to. Hes not tied in it, and i dont help him in. He can jump in and out of it himself. I call it (Bumbles) cause its a bumble bee colour
I'm glad to hear that too, Thank you for taking care of him!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts