Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He sleeps under the covers at my feet and I awake to find 1 to 2 marble-sized poops in the morning. The vet suggested more fiber (a little pumpkin) but it made no difference. It started over a year ago. It doesn't happen every night but it seems to be happening more and more often--every couple of days.

8-year old mixed terrier, rescue with me for 3 years. We walk 30 min. in the morning, 15 after work and 5 before bed. He always goes in the morning and usually after work. There is no correlation between going after work and pooping at night. I feed him just under a 1/2 cup of premium dry twice a day after morning and after-work walks.

I have never caught him in the act. I thought he was going in his sleep, but now I am not sure because every once in a while I see that he has left the bed and gone on the carpet by the bed. I live in a NYC studio apt. so I can't put him in another room. I fear he now believes that the bed/carpet is an acceptable place to go.

This is my first dog and he came house-trained so I don't know anything about training. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.