Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello my name is lauren
this may be too much information but my male puppy who is 6-7months old pees on my bed when I have my period. my fiancé realized the dog only does it when I have my period and its only on my side of the bed. is this normal? is he making his territory? is he jealous? do all puppies do this? male or female? I googled but couldn't really find the answers, please help
what do I do? I think I made a mistake by ever letting my dog on my bed

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
hello my name is lauren
this may be too much information but my male puppy who is 6-7months old pees on my bed when I have my period. my fiancé realized the dog only does it when I have my period and its only on my side of the bed. is this normal? is he making his territory? is he jealous? do all puppies do this? male or female? I googled but couldn't really find the answers, please help
what do I do? I think I made a mistake by ever letting my dog on my bed
This is intresting sorry to say. I have never known a dog do that before i get my period, last week my Jessie ( Female) pee on my bed and bedroom floor that was it back to crate at night now i look back i was pre menstrual but she had never ever done that on the bed before.

Do you have a crate? sounds like you may have to crate him before your due for your period

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Have him sleep in a crate. Every night. For at least six months. That may be long enough to extinguish the behavior.

I could speculate about why he's doing it but the bottom line is this is easily managed with a crate.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
one thing i notice my dog Jessie does is when i have PMS is lick my painful nipples but other then that her behavior doesnt seem to change if i have my period that im aware of but will know soon in a few days

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Get him neutered,if he is not already. This behavior is all instinct and related to hormones. Intact male dogs just have the drive to pee over top of interesting female scents.

Besides neutering you will likely need to do some management such as crating him at night for a while until the behavior is resolved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts