Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm sure there are some other posts about this issue. I've had my dog for almost 2 years now. He's a rescue dachshund who is about 4.5-5 yrs old. For over a year we lived in an apartment where we would have to go for walks every time I'd need to take him to the bathroom. At the apartment he never had accidents. About 4 months ago we moved to a house. There's a yard so I let him out there to do his business and it's been cold and snowy so not as much walking. It's only happened a handful of times but he's been peeing on the couch when I'm not home. I wash the cushion covers and spray the cushions to make sure there's no trace of the smell. I'm not sure why he's doing this? He just went to the vet for his yearly exam and everything including blood work came back good. He's very attached to me so I'm not sure if it's because he's upset I'm leaving or he gets over excited when I come home? When I gate him off in the kitchen and leave the house he doesn't have accidents, so why is it only on the couch? Any thoughts, ideas or advice would be helpful. Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts