Dog Forum banner

Dog peeing in sleep?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  kshrc 
#1 ·
Unsure this is a health thing, since we've brought him to the vet and nothing seems wrong with him, but!

Our pit mix will occasionally pee his bed in his sleep. Not always, but a couple times a week. Whether or not we put him outside frequently has no effect on it. We can put him out and an hour later he pees in his sleep. He ONLY does this in his sleep... and only in his bed. If he's sleeping somewhere else it doesn't happen, and he never pees in the house otherwise.

What on earth is going on, and is there something we can do to stop it? Stuffing his bed in the washing machine is difficult!

#2 · (Edited)
How old is he? My dog had weird incontinence issues when he was younger (less than a year old). He would leak pee when he was relaxed. Not a huge amount, but enough to make his fur noticeably wet and to leave a small puddle on the floor.

That is strange that it only happens in his bed. I wonder if replacing the bed would have any effect. With my dog, it could happen anywhere. He doesn't do it anymore; I guess he developed better bladder control and outgrew it. If your dog is young, maybe he'll outgrow it as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

#12 ·
My spayed 7 year old female did this and I have been able to cure the problem by giving her the drug Incurin. It is an estrogen supplement. What is similar about this problem is she only did it when she was asleep and on my bed.

I realize you have a male dog but both sexes have estrogen in their body. Ask the vet about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.