Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have a maltese/yorkie, she is around 9 years old. Around 8 months ago, my dog started licking her paw. I noticed a bump that has gotten a little bigger over time. During the 8 months I've taken her to the vet many times. I've placed her on antibiotics once, and used some topic antibiotics. I've done epson salts paw soaking 3 times a day. Today I took her back to the vet and they think it's a growth and should be removed.

Has anyone ever dealt with this before? I want to know what I would expect after surgery. I read that removing a growth from a dogs paw is really removing the webbing from their foot as well.

Here are some photos I tried to take with my phone. You'll notice the scab that has formed on it. She is constantly licking it. Now i've just been applying neosporin and using bitter bandages.

Here is a photo: https://imgur.com/a/doWyuix

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have zero experience in that area, so feel free to totally ignore me!

But I would probably ask a second vet and if (s)he says the same let them do it.
Especially when it keeps growing chances are, she will keep licking or nibbling at it, and make the wound bigger or more serious.

And I imagine walking might be even more uncomfortable - but again, that's speculation on my part, since I'm lacking experience there.

When in doubt, personally I'd go for a second opinion, see, what the other vert would suggest and then go from there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts