Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I adopted an 8 week old puppy, the two older dogs we have now don't seem to have a problem with her but the femAle seems absolutely obsessed with her. If she is in the room she won't take her eyes off of her or leave her alone and she won't listen to any commands and ignores our other dog. She also will take the puppy and force her between her legs/under her belly. Does anyone know what's going on here and what I can do to take the older females obsessive attention away from the puppy?

·
Registered
17 Posts
So the other day I adopted an 8 week old puppy, the two older dogs we have now don't seem to have a problem with her but the femAle seems absolutely obsessed with her. If she is in the room she won't take her eyes off of her or leave her alone and she won't listen to any commands and ignores our other dog. She also will take the puppy and force her between her legs/under her belly. Does anyone know what's going on here and what I can do to take the older females obsessive attention away from the puppy?
She is just showing the puppy who is in charge, she is showing dominance. I don't think this should turn aggressive, there may be a little if the puppy tries to challenge her. But once your older female feels like puppy understands she is in charge, she should calm down a little or completely. Try distracting her, lead her to a different room in the mean time. Hope this helps! Have fun with a new puppy!!:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts