Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! This is my first time posting on Dog Forum, and I am really hoping I get some advice on my issue! I have a Pitbull/Chow Chow/5 other breeds mix that I got from the shelter a year and a half ago when he was 4 months old. He is overall a great and loving dog, but back in April he started this weird thing where he will get up in the middle of the night and boop the handles on our dresser and nightstand with his nose. While he is doing this, he cries and whimpers. It wasn't a common occurrence so we ignored it the best we could, but then about a month ago he started doing it every night, multiple times each night. I had just injured my foot so I thought maybe it was because he wasn't getting his daily walk and had too much energy. So the last 2 weeks I made sure he got his 30+ minute walk in, and that seemed to do the trick. He was sleeping soundly each night, and in turn so was I. Until last night. Even after a good, long walk, he woke up 3 times last night to boop the dresser. If I kick him out of the bedroom, then he does it to the closet in the hallway, and that is even louder. Please help! I love him so, but I need sleep!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'd be concerned that he is in pain, or has some kind of health issue going on. I'd make an appointment with the vet! If nothing is found, at least you can rule that out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts