Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog, who is a Havanese/Westie mix (female, 5~ years old), just had some teeth pulled in the morning. She's eating food and walking around (but she goes pretty slow), but won't drink water directly and only licks little droplets and if we wet our finger she'll lick that. Is this normal, considering that she's eating and walking a little?

·
Registered
Z, Rescue Mutt
128 Posts
My dog, who is a Havanese/Westie mix (female, 5~ years old), just had some teeth pulled in the morning. She's eating food and walking around (but she goes pretty slow), but won't drink water directly and only licks little droplets and if we wet our finger she'll lick that. Is this normal, considering that she's eating and walking a little?
It's possible this is just a leftover affect from anesthesia. Since she's eating, I wouldn't be too concerned just yet. Monitor her, try to coax her to drink (put a little bit of meat broth in her water).
If it doesn't improve by tomorrow afternoon, she will probably need to go back to the vet. Call your vet when they open, and ask if they think this is a problem. But for now, she's probably fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts