Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there...

My dog, Marley, is not his usual self and I was looking for some insight. He is a 2 1/2 year old pit/lab mix. Very playful and sweet and vocal (lots of whining or "talking").

This past Sunday he was up in the middle of the night with diarrhea and vomiting. I took him to the vet on Monday because he wasn't eating or drinking and they gave him fluids and anti nausea medicine. Those symptoms has since stopped. He seemed perkier after that and we gave him the recommended wet food for 3 days and have been giving him his normal dry food but with water mixed in as of last night. He has been eating fine but rarely drinks anymore. He usually drinks a lot. We also noticed that he is not nearly as vocal as he usually is as well. I'm starting to get concerned because he isn't playing as much either. I've checked for dehydration the way the vet has shown me and he doesn't show any signs of it.

We've tried changing out his water bowl, putting a bit of sugar or chicken broth (minus onion or garlic) in the water, having him drink from out hands or a water bottle and he just isn't interested.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Stacy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
442 Posts
I would take him back to the vet. It could be an obstruction of some sort, or anything, but definitely something for a vet to look at. I hope he is better soon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,320 Posts
Agree that its time for another Vet visit. You don't want to wait and have him become dehydrated, which can lead to all sorts of other complications.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Hi there...



My dog, Marley, is not his usual self and I was looking for some insight. He is a 2 1/2 year old pit/lab mix. Very playful and sweet and vocal (lots of whining or "talking").



This past Sunday he was up in the middle of the night with diarrhea and vomiting. I took him to the vet on Monday because he wasn't eating or drinking and they gave him fluids and anti nausea medicine. Those symptoms has since stopped. He seemed perkier after that and we gave him the recommended wet food for 3 days and have been giving him his normal dry food but with water mixed in as of last night. He has been eating fine but rarely drinks anymore. He usually drinks a lot. We also noticed that he is not nearly as vocal as he usually is as well. I'm starting to get concerned because he isn't playing as much either. I've checked for dehydration the way the vet has shown me and he doesn't show any signs of it.



We've tried changing out his water bowl, putting a bit of sugar or chicken broth (minus onion or garlic) in the water, having him drink from out hands or a water bottle and he just isn't interested.



Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Stacy


Why should he drink? He gets all the water he needs with his wet food now. It's like dogs on raw. They rarely drink.

Don't waste your money on vet visits. He's going to get better.


Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top