Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom has been watching my 5-year-old border collie German shepherd mix while I’ve lived abroad for 2 years. She needs me to take him to Morocco where I live with my husband. My husband will not allow a dog to sleep in the room with him because he has insomnia, and said any noises will him awake at night. He is wiling to try, but if he cannot sleep, he won’t allow it any further.

I’m not sure how to prepare my dog for this. He has never slept alone since I got him from the shelter at age 6-months, and has separation anxiety. He hates kennels, and while I’m trying to crate train him for the flight, he’s resistant. I’m debating if I should a) ween him off sleeping with me while I am in the States, which would make him feel rejected, b) try to let him sleep with us, but kick him out if it doesn’t work, or c) just have new rules in the new home, and never let him into our bedroom. I’m worried that he’ll already be traumatized from the move and flying under the plane, but I also want to set him up to succeed in Morocco.

This situation is making me lose sleep! Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sounds like you need to rehome the husband...

Not sure wha your answer is for the dog, but for the Husband I recently found an insomnia trick that has worked wonders for me. Right before bed take a heaping spoonful of a good quality organic best you can find honey...not the cheap mass produced processed crap...organic raw honey. You would think the sugars would make you wired but there is something in honey that will help knock you out at night. I struggle to stay awake reading a book now before bed and it shuts my brain off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.