Dog Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog is about 2.5 years old and is in pretty good health from everything i know.

I changed dry food because the store was out of the normal kind, and after a couple of days he just really wasnt interested in devouring his bowl like normal when i put it down in front of him; he would eat it eventually, but not excitedly. I thought he might just be being picky about the food, so i went back and got the normal kind (and am using the different flavor for my other dog) thinking this would help. It seemed to help a little, but this morning he just wouldnt eat so i left his food in his crate before i left for work. This has been going on for about a week now.

Is this common with dogs as they age, or should I be calling the vet? He seems perfectly fine otherwise - playful, energetic, etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just sounds like he wants his old food back.
Done. However, he's still slower and hesitant to eat especially in the mornings. Seems to be more willing to dig in in the evenings. Took him to the vet and they couldn't find anything wrong without doing extensive testing.

Is it possible that as he's aging he doesn't need as much energy and isn't as hungry in the mornings? I just get frustrated that he picks at it in the mornings just because I'm gone all day and he wouldn't be able to eat until the evening.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Our two seem more enthusiastic over evening meals than the morning one -probably because they've done more and are hungrier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts