Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a silky terrier around 5 years old. She jumped up off her dog bed this afternoon and was noticably limping on her right front leg. When we checked it we noticed her nails were really long, my fault I'd got caught up with family issues and forgot to get them clipped. We clipped her nails (it'll take few weeks due to not wanting to hit the wick). She's still limping but not off her food and is still following the kids around. This happened awhile ago as well (sans long nails) and it resolved in a couple of days. I can't get her to the vet till next week due to looking after my disabled dad while my mum is in hospital. I have severe anxiety and it's making me sick.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Can she bear weight on her leg? If so, it may be OK to encourage her to rest it for a while and see if it improves. If you're concerned, you could chat to a vet on the phone, maybe send them a video and see what they think. Alternatively, is there anyone who could take her to the vet for you, or sit with your dad while you take her?

Try not to worry - the odd tweak and muscle sprain are just part of life, just as in humans!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts