Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a large dog who will be staying for 2 weeks while I am in the hospital. The dog was originally their dog, but I took him because he was to much for the to handle. The dog does not run away when he is at my house. Unfortunately, the in laws have other dogs who like to run out the front door, my dog likes to follow them. Unlike their dogs he does not come when called, and essentially will run away. I am concerned that he may run out the front door and get hit by a car or something. The in laws are not very careful when they open the front door or are they in good shape to go run a dog down.

Is there some sort of gate or containment system i can purchase to put in front of their front door?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If this is now your dog and you realize there might be the kind of problem you describe, I would go ahead and make plans to board the dog for the two weeks.
You might think that a gate would solve the problem, but if these people are not careful about opening the front door, they similarly might be not careful about putting up a gate.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
I have an exercise pen around my front door to prevent door dashing. They come in various heights, can be folded to fit the area you need to use them in, and have a gate that can be stepped though. I use clips to secure it to the door jamb so my dog cannot slide it over if he jumps on it, the clips also allow me to be able to remove it if necessary.

Here's a picture of it, please excuse the poor quality, my camera was dying..

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts