Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
So my dog started having puppies yesterday. So far she has had 5 live ones. Then she started having dead ones. We thought she was done at 5, but then at long hours later she would randomly pop out a dead one. The first two were like 4 hours apart, but just now like 7/8 hours later she popped out another dead one. This is very sad. So my question is one - what are the chances of her having another love puppy? And two - with the last one making the count 8 in total should I be expecting more in there? I don’t want anything happening to my dog. I absolutely am going to get her fixed after this act. Thank you in advance for any replies.

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
With her having given birth to dead pups, you NEED to get her to the vet to have her checked out. Only a vet can tell you if she's done. If she does have dead pups still in her she can get very sick, very fast, as those pups start to decompose inside of her.

I wish I could offer you more help, but no one on the internet can. Yes, she could be finished and 8 is all the pups that she had, BUT some large breed dogs can have litters of 12 or more pups. Hopefully she's done and everything is fine, but PLEASE take her to the vet in the morning at the latest to make sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts