Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 9 yr old Goldendoodle just had the TTA procedure done on a torn ccl in her back leg on Thursday. She seems to be doing ok, I just can’t calm my anxiety down. I am worried about everything to do with her recovery and just want to help her as much as possible. I don’t know what more I can be doing; I guess this post is more for my peace of mind. Has anyone had a dog go through this that can offer advice on how to get through these first few weeks of recovery? Thanks in advance for any advice...

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
My last dog had a torn acl and had surgery to correct it on a hind leg at age 7. Two years later the other leg went from stress and I had to do the same surgery. He was very high energy and not the greatest patient.

The water physical therapy was really great. So was sedating him to make him sleepy and keep both of us sane.

He chewed off bandages and chewed up his wound and learned quickly how to slam his cones into walls and break them.

Look at it this way, I had a difficult high energy patient and he made full recoveries both times!

Odds are you'll have an easier time than I did, and your dog will be more agreeable lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for responding. Relative to what you went through, she’s been a dream so far, lol. I’ve been keeping her sedated and that makes me feel guilty but it’s completely necessary. I guess it’s an adjustment for both of us, me more than her I think. Thanks again for the response!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts