Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! About a month ago we installed the wireless electric fence for our year old Brittany, Batona (Tona). Before anyone gets on me about how horrible, dangerous, etc. the wireless fence is, save it. We live on a corner lot and we're not allowed to have a standing fence, and we've had no problems with boundary fear. It's the safest option for OUR family even if it isn't for yours!

Anyway, Tona has been doing wonderful on the fence and he's outside often (only when we are home), but when he's ready to come in he jumps on the front door and the front of the house! After he's been digging in the yard all day he puts his muddy paws all over my nice clean house! I don't care about the digging at all. He's a young high-energy dog, that's just what he does. I just don't want him wrecking my house! I'm worried he's going to break the door and start chipping at my wood siding.

I don't let him in when he behaves like this (I stand inside and cringe while he does it). I wait until he's quiet and calm for a few minutes then I let him in the OTHER door out back. I was hoping this would make him associate the back door the only door he can use to come inside, but he's still doing it!

I also can't move the wireless fence box to any other spot because the way it's set now is the only way I can keep him away from both roads and still have him able to go everywhere in the house.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

EVIDENCE:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Install a doggy door ..........my son did this after his 2 GRs repeatedly broke the screen on his sliding glass door and the glass sliding door was always muddy....
He installed it thru the wall next to the door and also laid down a long 'runner' type rug in front on the entry to at least sop up some of the wetness of their paws! I thought it would look bad, but it doesn't at all!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Install a doggy door ..........my son did this after his 2 GRs repeatedly broke the screen on his sliding glass door and the glass sliding door was always muddy....
He installed it thru the wall next to the door and also laid down a long 'runner' type rug in front on the entry to at least sop up some of the wetness of their paws! I thought it would look bad, but it doesn't at all!
As crazy as it sounds, I NEVER thought of a doggy door! I will be sure to discuss with my husband. hmmm :ponder:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.