Dog Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello my dog has been pacing back and forth I the same spot since last night. it began after he ate. he does not seem lethargic but he keeps pacing back and forth in the same spot. please any advise would be great. i hate seeing my dog like this. thank you in advance. best regards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not normal pacing. he'll go from left to right and close to the wall. and sometimes hits his head pretty hard on the wall when he goes the opposite way.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Okay I understand now your right not normal. Can you get him to lay down and check his head?? I understand your concern just stay relaxed for him :)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Until you said he hit his head, I was going to suggest a good case of nausea, but running into the wall suggests something neurological possibly going on. Get him to your Vet for a workup and evaluation, soon,

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I'm with Laco I was asking all of that because everything you just described is a dog that needs a vet like ASAP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am really in a bind right now and can't really afford a vet. i am absolutely broke until i get paid this Friday. and good suggestion to hold him of till Friday? hes been doing this since last night. please help!!!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Watch him very closely these symphony can happen for 24 hours. When you get paid Friday make sure to take him to the vet.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
He should recover either today or tomorrow so just watch him. Breathe. If this is the first time this happened chances are he will be fine :):)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
he just now stopped but is acting real weird. here is a vid.
I think you need to get him to a Vet now. Be honest and tell them you can pay on Friday, most Vets will work with you for a few days. I would not wait any longer, there is something going on with him, that needs to be identified and treated.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
I couldn't see a link for the video.

My first thought was torsion/bloat based on the physical differences you mentioned but the timeline seems too long perhaps. I've never seen a dog with torsion/bloat but I would take the pacing/restlessness with some seriousness.

The drooling Markie asked about might be indicative of the malady as well.

I hope all goes well for your dog.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts