Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past, my parents dog would randomly refuse to leave rooms, like he was afraid to walk across and imaginary line separating rooms. For example, he would walk into a bedroom, and we literally have to drag him out of it to get him out. Same for the kitchen sometimes, which doesnt have a door, almost like he's got some psychological disorder.

At first it was funny, but recently its gotten much worse and he hardly ever leaves my room, he will just wimper, like he wants to get out of the room and hang out, but he cant. Its even worse at my house where the flooring separating the rooms and the halfway is different material (carpet and wood), wheres there is a definitive border. Anyone know why he may be acting this way?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sorry mate, never heard of this one before. Poor dog. It does sound psychological, so I doubt that a vet could help. How old is the dog?

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Leash the dog, relax, bring him to the barrier that he doesn't like to cross then stop. Don't drag the dog, have some patience. You step over the line and wait. He may need a gentle tug.

Another thing you can try is booties temporarily. Dogs paws are sensitive, get the dog used to wearing them and try again.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
fullmetal7777;3235513 Its even worse at my house where the flooring separating the rooms and the halfway is different material (carpet and wood) said:
He may be afraid of bare floors. Try putting an area rug in the hallway. Sometimes the fear of losing traction can virtually paralyze them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah its definitely starting to get a little troubling. Thanks for the replies, ill let my parents know yalls suggestions and see what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts