Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Anyone can put a university name on a questionnaire, could you please say something about who you are, what the questionnaire will be used for, and whether we are asked for identifying information, and who sees this, and is it used for advertising purposes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for clarifying! I am a graduate student in Informatics at Indiana University. I study intelligent and interactive systems by examining user's needs and research how to best meet them. The results of this questionnaire will be used in aggregate to see if there is a way we can help pet owners interact with their pets, using technology.

No identifying information will be collected and this will NOT be used for advertising. We ask for age and gender, but this information is not required. The results of this survey will likely guide whether we explore pet-human interactions, and if so, how we do this/what interactions are viewed as most important.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The information that is being asked is basically: what technology do we want to use so we can interact with our dogs while we are away from them. It is not about how to improve one on one interactions, which I initially thought the survey would be about going by the above answer. I made it halfway through before I realized the survey doesn't apply to me. I didn't finish it. Those who want to keep an eye on and interact with their dogs 24/7 might be interested though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Natasha333,

Thank you for helping other users with your comment! However, we are also interested in hearing from people like you, who would not be interested in interacting with their pets remotely. There is a question that asks if you have interest in such technology/would use such a technology, and we are hoping people of all opinions will give us feedback.

Best :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Natasha333,

Thank you for helping other users with your comment! However, we are also interested in hearing from people like you, who would not be interested in interacting with their pets remotely. There is a question that asks if you have interest in such technology/would use such a technology, and we are hoping people of all opinions will give us feedback.

Best :)
I had to stop at Question 15 because the survey requires at least 3 choices to be answered (even though the following questions only care about your #1 pick and ignore the other two choices:eyeroll:), the survey will not continue without that question being answered in full. My answer was "other: I don't care what my dog is up to when I am away." if I were to choose two of the other answers I would be fibbing....

Question 18: "Never" is not an option, to choose another answer would be fibbing....

The remaining questions on that page concern pricing a non-existent (actually web cams, nanny cams, and security cameras are a thing. Aaaaannnd of course if I were to price anything it would be super cheap in my favor....not exactly helpful) product I'm not interested in and therefore can't/shouldn't put a suggested price on. The survey wouldn't let me continue to the next page until I had chosen three answers to #15, so I chose to stop instead of mucking up a survey with dishonest answers.

I'm sorry, just giving feed back, I hope you're able to find people who are interested in participating in the survey. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
nprandall,

I see you did not care for the truthful answers here, so you simply started another survey elsewhere on this site. I'm no expert, but I think picking and choosing answers probably invalidates a survey.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The remaining questions on that page concern pricing a non-existent (actually web cams, nanny cams, and security cameras are a thing.
This survey is bringing up some concerns. The fact that we had to ask about privacy, the fact that pricing is involved, and finally, that after we expressed concerns this poster simply started a new survey. I think most universities do want their students to succeed, but most also prize careful, transparent methodology during the research phase of a project.

I have sent my concerns to IU. I think it only fair that if we are used to further research, that our concerns be addressed, and not simply dropped in favor of a new thread that doesn't have all those pesky questions.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
You have to be more specific about what the product is before you ask us about price.

I would not pay the same for a remote treat dispenser as a remote shock collar or a video camera or an AppleHealthCollar or an android that takes my dogs on walks for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts