Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister found this dog on her land last night. It is very skinny and looks to have not eaten for awhile. He is all black other than some white on its feet. They estimate his age to be 8-12 weeks. At first glance he looks like a Labrador, but I think he has to be some type of mix breed. I am going to adopt him. My sister is bringing him in on Friday and I am taking him to the vet. Does anyone have any ideas as to what he might be a mix of?

·
Registered
223 Posts
No idea on the mix. Looks like a lab to me.

Good on you for taking him in. He's lucky to have found you guys.

Keep us posted on him. Does he have a name? He's such a cutie.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well he didn't find us, my sister's lab and catahoula found him. They started barking up a storm, brother in law heard a whimper in the distance, let the dogs out and they came back with him.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Oh poor thing, looks like he'll appreciate a good home. Good on you for taking him on. Looks like a lab to me.

Just as a heads up, our puppy was super thin due to parasites then had a few other medical issues, the vet suggested her poor start contributed to them but that she should be fine as an adult. Pet insurance was a must for us in the end.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Definitely looks like a Lab mix to me. But his appearance might differ from pure Labs as he ages. A lot of random mixes are black with that sort of look to them. Good luck with him!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts