Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I have not been posting regularly for the past month but for those of you who do remember me, I recently started visiting a Kelpie that I took care of for two months before I returned him to his elderly owner.

Just an update: the dog is doing very well and the training sessions are successful as he has learnt to respond to commands such as "down", "stay", "roll over" and "come here". In terms of the door dashing, he has successfully learnt to stay put when the door is opened and I try to exercise him before the training sessions so that he is more calmed down when the training begins. When he is outside on a long leash, he is able to return to me when I call him about 99% of the time. The elderly owner and his wife are wonderful and they have asked me to adopt him when they become too old to take care of him (due to declining health and eye sight problems).

However, recently he has started to increasingly hump my leg and bite my pants at random times. We might be happily playing fetch and he would suddenly start humping my legs or pull my pants. Other times I might be sitting on the floor or chair to pet him and he would suddenly start doing the same thing. There is no prior warning and it seems to happen at random times throughout the day. I just ignore him or tell him "no" when he does so without encouraging the behaviour but it is not helping. Does anyone know what is going on?

·
Super Moderator
3,746 Posts
Hi Tange,

I have no real advice to give, but I wanted to welcome you back and bump up your thread. Glad to see that everything has turned out so well for you, the kelpie, and the elderly owners. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Tange,

I have no real advice to give, but I wanted to welcome you back and bump up your thread. Glad to see that everything has turned out so well for you, the kelpie, and the elderly owners. :)
Thanks!! By the way, my uncle decided to let the current people taking care of the Maltese dog adopt him. This is good news considering the condition the Maltese was in before. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts