Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm new here and not sure if I should be overly concerned. I have a little rescue pup who's part Chinese crested, unsure of the rest of her breed, and about 8 lbs. She hasn't had a BM in a couple days. In the past she's gone maybe a day and a half with no BM. Haven't changed her diet, but she hasn't had much water today and hasn't eaten the food I've put out. Maybe I'm an overly cautious pup dad but I wanted to get some insight to see if I should take further measures. She's not showing any signs of being in pain and walking around and active as usual

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
What specific food is your dog eating?

Never hurts to check with a vet...

In the meantime, you can try gently massaging her belly, see if you can loosen her up. A good walk will generally help as well.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
If your dog is not eating or drinking a vet visit is needed....especially with little dogs! They dehydrate and if they go hypoglycemic it can be a matter of life or death!
If you think it is just constipation canned pumpkin or metamucil will help but still consult your vet for correct dosages!!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
I agree with the others. Has your pup gotten into anything lately? the trash or something on a walk? A vet visit is what I would do. It's hard to tell if they have a blockage or constipated. What food are you feeding her?

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Sometimes when dogs are off drinking water, you can entice them with beef, chicken or pork flavored water. Chop up some meat into fine pieces, boil it, skim off any fat. I usually have a tray or two of ice cubes ready in case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts