Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I am in a need of assistance.

My dog was poisoned (or at least that's what I think). Here's the story:

I woke up one morning earlier than usual only to find my dog (cane corso, 2.7 yrs old) lying with helpless look in his eyes (like he saw the devil himself) and unaware of the surroundings.

Went quickly to him just and saw that he threw up a food he ate 1 day prior, and was covered in diarrhea and a little bit of blood in it.

Called the vet (cause I couldn't lift him alone since he's 60+ kgs) and he did some basic check and gave him few injections (I don't know what exactly), then we took him to the vet station and placed him on intravenous therapy.

Couple of days later, he started to feel good again and walk around, but seems like he doesn't know anybody, doesn't respond to his name and always feels threatened when we're nearby.

Contacted the vet again, and he told me that he may be having permanent brain damage (by his estimation he was poisoned with mole/rat poison) and that it is the best scenario to put him down.



If you ever heard of anything similar, or have an opinion, please share because I am having second thoughts about putting my dog down...

Thanks.


Oh and by the way, 2 weeks have passed since the incident and the dog is still not himself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
This is tragic for everyone concerned. I have had a brain damaged dog and we managed well, but his damage was due to injury and he was placid.
Your dog is very large very powerful and you have said he is feeling threatend by your presence.

I think you need to listen to the concerns of your vet and do what is best for your dog.

My thoughts are with you.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top