Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog is 15 months old. A lab/chowchow/Burmese Mountain Dog mix. A few days ago, he started scratching at his eye and having some slight clear drainage. Thinking it was allergies, we went to the vet and they gave him a subdermal shot to help ease the swelling and allergic reaction.

This morning, I woke up to him frantically pawing at his face. His eye has gotten worse. Upon investigation, it seems like it might be a staph infection, or a few other random issues. I plan on taking him to the vet tomorrow, but is there something I can do in the meantime to soothe him?

He is miserable. I have tried a Chamomile teabag compress, but he is averse to having it held against his eye. Have to wait until something opens to get saline solution. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I know this isn't as bad as some things I have seen, but still isn't the greatest.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
It's important to keep him from scratching that eye. I'd get a cone collar on him ASAP. I would not put anything on or in the eye before you talk to your vet. Good luck and hope the vet can see him first thing tomorrow.

·
Registered
615 Posts
That looks very sore, I agree with Grabby, cone collar and vet ASAP don't apply anything else as to avoid irritating the eye further, eyes are very delicate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts