Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya my first post here , i have 2 x bichon/pom dogs (brother and sister) aged 5 , I have always worked from home since i got them as puppies . My boy dog has always suffered from SA (girl is fine being left alone) . In the last 6months i have been working really hard to help this . I started of by leaving them for 5mins and started to gradually build up where they have done 2hours quite often and they even done 3hours and 4hours a couple of times . I record them and when i come back i can see they have barked a couple of times but nothing extreme . In the last week my boy has decided he could only be left for 1hour before he goes back to what he use to be like , barking constantly .I have not changed anything in terms of training and they are always exercised a lot . I don't know what to do as it feels like these last 6months i would be further than a hour of leaving them :(

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Its frustrating when they regress.

I think you will have to go back to only leaving them for an hour and then gradually increase the time. You might find it doesn't take so long to return to a longer length of time .

It could be something external that's causing the barking , noises from outside for example or perhaps a slight change of routine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for replying . I always make sure i do the same routine as i have noticed if i slightly change it then i always get a bad recording . i been trying to train them from 4hours to 7hours a day , i have put so much effort into this . i don't mind going back to 1hour slots but if i get them up to 3/4 is there a chance he's going to go back again . 3/4hours is my target as i will never leave them longer than this

1 - 3 of 3 Posts