Dog Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The vomiting hasn't been repeatedly, but it's been happening since Sunday night. She vomited 3 times that night. In the morning she seemed okay so I fed her as normal and she vomited in the crate while I was at work. Monday evening she ate and did not vomit. Tuesday during the day she vomited again after breakfast. I called the vet and got an appointment for yesterday afternoon. They advised to hold off feeding her Tuesday evening to let her tummy settle, then give her a small amount of food Wednesday morning.

I did as directed and she did not vomit during the day. We went to the vet with a stool sample. Her exam was normal, and today I got the call that her fecal was normal too. She vomited last night after feeding her (with the probiotic they gave me). She vomited again during the day today. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? Is she suddenly intolerant of her food? She's been eating Orijen since I brought her home and had no issues before this. Should I get blood work done? I have no idea what to do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Personally, I think I would go the route of getting the blood work. I waited when my vet suggested changing diet and getting blood work. Now I have a very sick doggie on my hands with very high kidney enzymes.
I think from now on, I'm going to always err on the side of caution.
I hope your pup gets through this.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
I'd get an x-ray and blood work done to try and get to the cause of the vomiting. While waiting to get those done you can put her on a bland diet, I'd try sweet potato or white rice, and chicken breast (bones and skin removed) or ground turkey. Blend it together and feed as you would her regular kibble. When your ready to switch her back to her kibble do a slow transition like you would if you were switching kibble. The vet can also prescribe something for nausea that may help.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
While you are waiting on everything else I would cook some ground turkey and add a veggie or two grated and preferablely steamed. If by chance your dog stops vomiting it could be a meat intolerance. Origen has a lot of different meats in it and maybe one of them does not agree with your dog. Intolerance can happen at any time weather the dog had been on the food for a long time or just a few days.

·
Registered
875 Posts
as a side note, boil, do not bake, the chicken if you take the chicken route. Boiled will not be as greasy/oily. I found this one out the hard way.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Personally, I would get a X-Ray and Blood Work before it can get any worse. My dog once swallowed a bone and kept throwing up, so we went to the vet and they gave her an X-Ray, so we got medication and had to feed her Chicken and Rice. She soon got better.
Hurry up, don't let it get worse!
Hope your dog gets better soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts