Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Those little robo vacs could never handle the hair I have in my carpets. I use an Eureka (Dyson type upright cyclone vacuum).

It's container is a lot bigger than those robo vacs and in just doing my living room and 1 hall and into the computer room a little bit, I totally fill (and I mean tightly fill it) with pet hair, plus a great amount of fine dust/dirt.

I vacuum those 3 areas once a week.

If I were to do the horse racing room, the short hall, my living room, the computer room, the long hall and my bedroom... I have to empty the canister 2 times for sure, sometimes 3. The dogs rarely go into my bedroom, so I usually only vacuum it twice a month.

I can't imagine how much hair there would be if I didn't brush my dogs and cats weekly too. It is astonishing how much of it there is....one would think eventually I would have bald pets given the amounts of hair I brush out and vacuum up. :p

AirSpeed® Gold AS1001A

Stormy

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I also was going to add that you did a nice job on the review with the photos and everything. It's interesting to see the difference in performance between the two machines.

I had a really nice vacuum, that I paid like $300.00 for...and as a gift, I bought my sister one of those Eureka's for like $130 on sale. When I saw how well it cleaned her carpets, I went down and bought one of my own. I came home with it, and had vacuumed the night before. ( l lived alone at the time with just my 2 cats and Jaya...HaHa was adopted later).

I vacuumed again with the new vacuum and was stunned by what the old one left behind. Hair totally clogged that canister...and when I got done and walked on my carpets barefoot. I could even feel a difference in the way the carpet felt underfoot after having pulled all that hair and dirt out of it. My old vacuum now sits in a closet as a back up.

I'm totally in love with that Eureka I purchased. Also, hair doesn't seem to get stuck in the rollers like it did with the old vacuum...and I haven't changed a belt on it since I bought it a year and a half ago. My old vac...almost once a month new belt and a new bag every time I vacuumed.

Anyway, again, great review job...if one has pets and carpet, a great vacuum is a basic necessity.

Stormy

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
It is not meant to take the place of regular vacuuming. I run it everyday and it keeps the dog hair down.

You have a beautiful dog.
I sometimes just bend over with the dogs' hair rake and rake the areas where they have been laying...it's amazing how much hair comes up with just lightly running that grooming tool over the area.

Thanks for the compliment on Harper. She was wonderful very loving, huge dog...weighed 120 when I adopted her when she was 6 years old. I had her for about a year and a half then she got sick, (diabetes) and I had to put her to sleep.

It's the shortest amount of time I've ever had a dog then had to say good by to it...but Harper was so generous with her affection that I fell in love with her like I had owned her for years.

She spent a whole year in an animal shelter before I got her.....no one wanted a dog that old and that big. She, I think, was just so unhappy in that shelter, being a sociable dog - that on getting into a home with a person around all the time, she really seemed to understand her good luck and
appreciate it.

That photo...was actually taken when she was in the back of my car being brought home from the shelter. All I did to the photo was blur the back ground with a blurring tool, to hide the car frame/windows and part of the back seat that was showing. The light and and the way she was sitting there, was just perfect to set off all her colors.

Stormy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.