Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I watched my dog Buddy get hit by a car. I'm 8½ months pregnant and scheduled to have my baby on Tuesday morning. I couldn't do anything but watch the van drive away. He's pretty cut up. The vet said there were no fractures or internal damage so far present. I was quoted between $1200 and $1500 for his care. I don't know what to do. I don't have the money to pay for the vet bill.

I can't lose him. Especially when we're so close to having our baby. I'm heartbroken and don't know what do do. He's my only company most days. He follows me around all day. He complains when I send him outside. He loves to swim and loves going to the mountains as much as I do. I don't know what else to do except ask for help anywhere I can.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your dog and hope he makes it. I'm wondering how he got hit if you had him outside in an unfenced area on a leash.
Congratulations on the baby!

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
So very sorry!
Check out care credit, use a credit card, or discuss the possibility of a payment plan with your vet (may not be an option, but sometimes vets will work with regular clients they have a good relationship with). You may also have luck with a fundraising site and social media (though can't be shared here in the forum), could sell a few items, or even seek out a personal loan from bank or friends/family.

Best of luck and let is know how Buddy is doing!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
You might actually want to ask local rescues for help and even fostering. Having s newborn and helping a dog recover are are going to be tough to pull off sillmultaneously. A rescue might work something out with you if you pay as much as you can toward his care, and perhaps volunteer with them afterwards.

·
Super Moderator
3,746 Posts
Try calling your local shelter and ask them if there are any local "shelter intervention" programs to help out pet owners with vet expenses. There are various private, non-profit groups, generally local, that help owners with vet expenses.

·
Banned
283 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your dog and hope he makes it. I'm wondering how he got hit if you had him outside in an unfenced area on a leash.
Congratulations on the baby!
Yes, Absolutely. Congratulations are in order for the new baby.
And poor dog. I take your point. How did it happen. Maybe he escaped?
I also think caring for an injured dog and a new baby could be a challenge too far.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Well, if the vet said no fractures, and no internal damage, you are probably ok. He's just going to be sore for a while.

Congrats on the baby! You have your hands full for sure!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts