Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Hope you're all staying safe and healthy. My roommate just adopted a 7-month-old puppy. She's loving and absolutely adorable. We are 4 people altogether in the house and all give her lots of love. We all walk her and give her treats. My roommate however is her primary owner. She trains her and feeds her and is with her most of the time. The puppy also sleeps in her room. The issue is when my roommate leaves the house for school or work, the puppy gets very anxious. She starts to look for her. She jumps the fence and tries to run away sometimes. Twice today she's gotten out and ran around the neighborhood. She can't relax even though there are still 2-3 people in the house with her. She also does not listen to us when we give her commands. On the contrary, when my roommate is home, she is relaxed, listens to us all, and is very loving and happy. I was wondering if anyone has advice on how we should handle this situation? Anything specific her primary owner should do as well as the rest of the roommates to decrease her anxiety and have her be able to listen to us when our roommate is away? Thanks so much :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts