Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
i have a shcnauzer thats about 10 years old. usually in good health. he sometimes vomits because he eats all the crap (grass, mushrooms, apples...) in our yard.
im aeay from home for a few days. but wife says that yesterday morning she was ok. when she got home after work he didnt want eat or drink. and keeps vomiting white foam (a little at a time) and is constantly trying to vomit.
she apparently doesnt want to sit on her stomack and is tired.
same thing all night. she will be going to vet this morning.
should i be worried ? apparently white foam is nothing more than an upset stomack. but at xmas we lost our other dog 48 hours after she stopped eating (stomack cancer).
thanks for your input.

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
now she has diarea, but apparently drank a bit of water. she still walks normally and her eyes dont seem "lost" so her brain is still good. i guess thats a good sign. told wife to bring to vet if situation worstens of doesnt get better.
i hope she will be ok 馃樁

Registered
Sorry that your dog is not doing well, and really hope it's nothing but a very upset stomach. White, foamy, vomit generally means that they are nauseated enough to throw up even though the stomach is empty.

One word of advise I can give you is to walk your yard and get rid of any mushrooms in it, that may be what is causing her tummy problems as some of them can be very toxic.

Registered
Unless she is by now very improved, I would get her to the Vet. Sometimes trying to 'wait it out' can be disastrous.

Registered
Why on earth would you wait any longer to see if she鈥檚 going to get better? That dog needs care immediately. Waiting can be too late not to mention the fact that it鈥檚 prolonging your dogs misery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts