Dog Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have a 13 year old Beagle who in the last few weeks has started drinking water constantly and peeing in the house. We have taken him to the vet and his blood work shows no signs of anything wrong. We have tried taken the water bowl away at night but then he just continually whines in the middle of the night until we give in. Any ideas on how to help him?

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Hello! I have a 13 year old Beagle who in the last few weeks has started drinking water constantly and peeing in the house. We have taken him to the vet and his blood work shows no signs of anything wrong. We have tried taken the water bowl away at night but then he just continually whines in the middle of the night until we give in. Any ideas on how to help him?
Try to catch some urine in a container, check for discoloration or signs of blood. It could be a UTI, or something going on with the kidneys. I wouldn't ignore it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I agree, don't ignore it, maybe get him retested, it could be a UTI, diabetes, or any number of things. What did your vet tell you other than the test results?

·
Registered
603 Posts
My 16 year old Shih Tzu does the same thing. After a quick urine and blood test, it was determined that one of her kidneys was not operating at full potential. Because of her age there isn't anything really to do except to keep an eye on her. I always make sure she has plenty of water and I keep plastic garbage bags under a cover on cushions of any furniture she sleeps on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts