Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi and Welcome to the forum! Sounds like she is very food oriented! I have a couple if ideas. Are you up to a little walk around your house? Or if walking is too much, how about taking some of her kibble and hiding then in easy to find places? Like behind table leg, under a chair cushion, places like that. You could even assist her search and chomp mission. You also could get a couple of different types of treat toys to change it up for her, or change the treat types. Kibble one day, peanut butter another, rice cakes another day. When you add food treats, just remember that you may need to cut back on her food if she starts to get pudgy.;)
I have an Aussie that is not the brighest bulb in the lamb either! He just wants to be loved up! So, I make sure I give him Mommy-Saxie bonding time. Other than that and his walks he's a complete slug! You've made me think and given me some ideas! Thanks!:D

·
Registered
303 Posts
LOL!!! Velco does not even begin to cover it!!! I truely think they invented it! The best comment I got from another Aussie (Shepherd) owner was a question: "Is your whiney and klingie too?"
I have two Aussie sheps and a corgi queensland mix. Ely is smart as whip, but Sax, the lights just flicker. *sigh* I think he is smarter then he lets on because he has moment of brillance. He is just very laid back. Both are velco dogs.
Fred is the Corgi/queenie mix-smart smart smart he gets things in a snap but he is kinda odd. He was a rescue that rescued himself. He jumped in my truck.
Anyway, please let us know how the enrichment excercises go!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.