Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We currently have dog door but it has about 4" lip at the bottom where out dog has to lift her leg. I assume the lip to help prevent water etc. from entering but we wouldn't have that problem since it leads out to a deck. Anyone know of a dog door( that is panel type that installs in sliding door) that has smaller lip or no lip. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
We currently have dog door but it has about 4" lip at the bottom where out dog has to lift her leg. I assume the lip to help prevent water etc. from entering but we wouldn't have that problem since it leads out to a deck. Anyone know of a dog door( that is panel type that installs in sliding door) that has smaller lip or no lip. Thanks.
I think most doggy doors have a lip, just because they have to be installed inside of a frame of some kind.

Is there any way you can saw the bottom part down? Then maybe super glue a strip of something to the flap to lengthen it. Maybe you can find a cheap used doggy door at a thrift shop and salvage the material from it....just something that can be used at the bottom of the flap to lengthen it - to fill up the gap that the cut out made.

Stormy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts