Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2 years old dog. He was excited about to going outside all the time. Last week, neighbors exploded fireworks and he scared so much. After 30 min, we went to outside together but at the same time another fireworks exploded so he turned real crazy. First time I have ever seen him like that.

Now, He doesn't want to walk anymore. After 2 block, he wants to come back home.. I can't solve this problem.

What can I do for this?

Thank you so much..

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Going to take time for him to get over it. You just have to go at his pace, talk gently to him when he starts to lose it. Your looking at a what will probably be a very slow building of confidence. Give him several days with very minimum outside exposure, see if his desire to go outside after several days of no fireworks begins to overcome his fear. If fireworks are not legal in your area, you might have a conversation with your neighbors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can try getting the sound of fireworks on your phone while you two are relaxing at home. Turn the volume on super low to see how he responds (definitely don't continue if even this upsets him) slowly you can start introducing the noise louder. Rewarding him for staying calm and petting and praising him. It won't be over night and stop when he gets uncomfortable and go back to a lower sound but it might help him with the fear of the noise.... as for the walking just take it slow. Praise him and give him treats for going out and walking and listen when he wants to go back. He will tell you when he is ready to go further.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts