Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dog that I reared and lived with for nearly 2 years and unfortunately had to have adopted due to losing my job and eviction now whenever he sees me in the street barks at me and won't let me pet him. Is he angry with me for giving him away? I would still like to be friends with him as he lives nearby and actually I miss him although I'm glad he's happy with his new owners.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I know most dont but i always believe dogs can hold a grudge

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know most dont but i always believe dogs can hold a grudge
Thank you for understanding. My dog is not excited to see me, just the opposite. He growls and barks and backs away from me. He's clearly angry with me and wants me to go away. This is very upsetting since we had such a close relationship. I can only assume that when I gave him to his new owners, he waited for me to come back for him and, when I didn't, he never forgave me.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Who's to say what dogs can feel or think or what their associations may lead them to do. We don't really understand dogs and how they operate as well as we think we do sometimes. It doesn't seem likely he'd hold it against you, but who knows for sure?

It could also be that he has settled well into his new home and is very happy there, and is fearful that you have come to take him away from it.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
"It could also be that he has settled well into his new home and is very happy there, and is fearful that you have come to take him away from it"

Thats a realy good point

1 - 7 of 7 Posts