Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had the dog (pug) his whole life. He used to be hopelessly devoted to me. Before my husband and I moved in together, he started developing a normal attachment to him. We moved in together three years ago, and he slowly became codependent on my hub. In the past year it has gotten to the point where he will NOT eat if he isn't home. If he leaves the room, the dog follows, even to pee. It has gotten to the point where he doesn't eat all day, then if we go out at night and go right to bed after we get home, by morning he hasn't eaten for 24 hours, thinks hes actually ill, and paces, wont lay down, follows me with his tail down, won't take any treats, etc..
Additional info: he sleeps in our bed, we leave his food out. My hub feeds him, not me, and I only take him once a day, but go for walks with my husband who holds the leash, not me. Does he see himself as equal to me, but not my husband, the pack leader? Should we only feed him 2x a day, and I feed him, and not leave the food out? What can I do to solve this, or is it not even a problem?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.