Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6-month-old puppy doesn't like salmon oil. I got a big bottle of it because we live in an arid climate and her skin is dry. When I follow the feeding guidelines on the bottle, it soaks her food and she won't eat it - even if I divide it up over the course of the day.

Is there anything else I can give her that will help with her dry skin but tastes different?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
We give ours, Vetoquinol Care Triglyceride Omega-3 Fatty Acid Liquid. It comes in capsules, or liquid with a pump, which is what I buy and just add a couple of squirts to her food. She seems to like it, and if any gets on her dish, or the side of her dish, she will lick it up.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
How often are you bathing this dog? Does the dog spend a lot of time outside?
Not sure who your question is directed to, but if to me, she is bathed once a month, and she is primarily an inside dog. We go for a walk early in the day, then she only goes out to do what she needs to do outside for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My post was directed to Briardfan, the original poster who said her dog’s skin was so dry. I was wondering how often she bathed her dog and is the dog inside or outside dog.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts