Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ollie likes to dig in chipmunk burrows, he just kind of digs at the hole. It's kind of cute, but I kind of feel bad for the poor chipmunk, so whenever he does that, I just take him to another part of the yard. Should I just let him do his thing? Do any of your dogs do that?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
This is, of course, a pretty normal thing for the dog to do.
If it doesn't bother you too much let him do it because there's really little chance he will harm a chipmunk, who can easily evade the dog by going deeper in the burrow. I wouldn't worry about the little critters, myself, but if you don't like the holes in the yard you can take measure to make the chipmunks feel unwelcome and they will go live somewhere else, solving the issue.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I sick my pup on the squirrels and birds when they enter the backyard, he runs in their direction (actually he makes a loop to them to be more stealthy), but he'll never get them or hurt them, it's just about the chase and tracking. The birds and squirrels don't care either 😂 They are right back the next day.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Thats interesting to learn, i had no idea chipmunks had burrows. I pictured them living and sleeping in trees. Do squirrels have burrows also?
Id love to see either in person and we safely say jesse would have a blast with them😄

1 - 7 of 7 Posts