Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m new here but I’m currently up at 1:20 Am, feeling terribly guilty and sad because of my baby. My fiancé and I had to make a 3 hour trip for an appointment and we put our lab, Sara, in her crate before we left, assuming we’d be back in about 6/7 hours and that we could let her out and feed/water her then. Well, the weather got bad and we couldn’t make it home today and we had to get a hotel room for the night because it was completely dangerous for us to attempt to drive. We won’t be home until about noon tomorrow which will have made it 24 hours of her being in her crate. I know she will live, but she will have definitely used the bathroom in her crate and will be hungry & thirsty. I had no way of knowing this was gonna happen or I would’ve made arrangements for her. Am I a terrible, cruel pet parent for this incident? Has anyone else been in a situation like this before?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I dont want to say what I think about this becos you're not going to want to hear what I have to say! I would like to suggest you ring someone back in your hometown & get them to tend to your dog- hopefully you have at least left a spare key out so they can get in or someone you know has one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts